Welcome to South Windsor's Original CrossFit Box
85 Nutmeg Road South
South Windsor, CT 06074
Next round of foundations classes start 8/29/15
Sign up today to gain the knowledge to succeed in weight loss, strength and overall health! Class size is limited and filling up fast so contact us today!! Click HERE!!
Bring a friend to BrickYard!
Thursday September 3rd is bring a friend day! Do you have trouble explaining to your non-CrossFit friends why it is you do what you do, or why you're so passionate about BrickYard? Is it difficult for you to convince them that CrossFit is not scary or impossible but fun and infinitely scale-able?
SAVE YOUR BREATH AND SHOW THEM!!!
Member of the Month
Our Member of the month for July is Keith Keegan. Congratulations! Check out his interview below!
1. How long have you been with us At CFBY? 10 Months.
2. Do you remember your first workout? Sure do. It was a 12 min AMRAP 3 front squats, 6 T2B and 9 Burpees. I remember thinking I would be able to do 135 lbs “pretty easily”, not thinking of the fact I had to get it in the front rack position first. I barely got through 4 rounds.
3. How would you compare your previous lifestyle with the one that is today? Previous (post kids) lifestyle was a little sedentary. I played basketball once or twice a week and thought I was still keeping somewhat in shape. Today’s lifestyle is much healthier. I eat cleaner most of the time (just don’t tell Michele M. that….). I am at the Brickyard 5 days a week doing multiple workouts a day. I just feel better. Maybe even look better (that’s debatable).
4. If you could design the perfect workout for yourself that would it be? Something with overhead squats, squat snatches, double unders and handstand pushups, cause I am pretty terrible at all of those and would like to get better at them.
5. What animal best represents you today? According to the online quiz I just took at www.whatanimalami.com I am an “enduring wildebeest”…and the internet is NEVER wrong so I’ll go with that…an “enduring wildebeest”.
6. If you could pick the perfect song to listen during the best workout of your life what would it be? Any 90’s hip hop will do the trick.
7. If you were to summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less, how would it go? Driven, Dedicated, Determined, Reliable, Humble
8. What advice do you have for anyone thinking about starting?
Best advice I can think of is to just show up consistently. Don’t look at the WOD’s beforehand. Wait till you walk through the door and read them on the whiteboard…that way there is no chance of talking yourself out of really tough WOD’s or WOD’s with movements you don’t like. Don’t be afraid to ask questions either. I know I ask more than my fair share daily. Other than that…just show up. The results will come….