Welcome to South Windsor's Original CrossFit Box
1161 John Fitch Blvd.
South Windsor, CT 06074
Next round of foundations classes start 3/31/15
Sign up today to gain the knowledge to succeed in weight loss, strength and overall health! Class size is limited and filling up fast so contact us today!! Click HERE!! This session will be Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday for 2 weeks.
The Open WOD will be Posted on every Friday for the next 5 weeks.
If you are registered for opens and can not make it on Fridays or would like to redo the workout we will be opened from 10-12 on Saturday and Sundays. If you come on the weekend there will be a spot on the white board for you to sign up.
Bring a friend to BrickYard!
Thursday April 2 is bring a friend day! Do you have trouble explaining to your non-CrossFit friends why it is you do what you do, or why you're so passionate about BrickYard? Is it difficult for you to convince them that CrossFit is not scary or impossible but fun and infinitely scale-able?
SAVE YOUR BREATH AND SHOW THEM!!!
Member of the Month
Our member of the month for February is Hadley Santos. Hadley has gone above and beyond being an excellent member! Check out her interview below.
1. How long have you been with us At CFBY?
- I started crossfit about 5 months ago, Crossfit Brickyard was the first box I joined. I have been a Brickyarder ever since the start.
2. Do you remember your first workout?
- Yes! my first workout was the first week of this past October right
out of foundations. The workout was called "Jack" it was Max Rounds in 20 Minutes of 10 push press 85#, 10 KB Swings 35# and 10 Box Jumps 20". Going in to the workout I thought "How hard can a 20 minute workout actually be?" I quickly found out just how hard when I looked up at the clock realizing we were only at the half way point and the look of complete horror must have enticed Coach Gerry and Chris to come over and help guide me through survival for the rest of the workout. That's when I knew CFBY was for me.
3. How would you compare your previous lifestyle with the one that is today?
- Before CFBY I was always in to fitness. I had a gym membership and would go regularly. I always tried to follow a schedule and tried to stick to working differen't muscle groups at a time with endurance exercises in between. I always felt like there was something missing and was tired of the routine. Today I can say that I feel more fit than I have ever been before. My overall strength and endurance have improved imensely and I look forward to coming in working hard and being challenged to be better everyday.
4. If you could design the perfect workout for yourself that would it be?
-Handstand walking, power cleans and back squats
What animal best represents you today?
5. If you could pick the perfect song to listen during the best workout of your life what would it be?
- Anything motivating and loud!
6. If you were to summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less, how would it go?
-Hardworking, Determined, Motivated, Open minded, Supportive
7. What advice do you have for anyone thinking about starting?
- My advice would be believe in yourself, show up consistently and
work hard! Stay positive and create goals for yourself. Listen to your coaches and soak in everything they have to teach you, you will be surprised finding out what you are capable of.