Welcome to South Windsor's Original CrossFit Box
85 Nutmeg Road South
South Windsor, CT 06074
Next round of foundations classes start 6/6/16
Sign up today to gain the knowledge to succeed in weight loss, strength and overall health! Class size is limited and filling up fast so contact us today!! Click HERE!!
Bring a friend to BrickYard!
Thursday May 5th is bring a friend day! Do you have trouble explaining to your non-CrossFit friends why it is you do what you do, or why you're so passionate about BrickYard? Is it difficult for you to convince them that CrossFit is not scary or impossible but fun and infinitely scale-able?
SAVE YOUR BREATH AND SHOW THEM!!!
Member of the Month
Our member of the Month for February goes to Stephen Yee! Check out his interview below!
Interview for Member of the Month:
1. How long have you been with us At CFBY? Do you remember your first workout?
a. I have been at CFBY just over 6 months. My first workout was “Hanging with Grace,” but the earliest workout I truly remember was 5 ropes, 15-9-6 front squats & bar-facing-burpees, 5 ropes, 6-9-15, then 5 ropes. It was my third WOD and it sucked.
2. How would you compare your previous lifestyle with the one that is today?
a. I tried being active playing volleyball and frequent walks with my dogs, but never active to the degree I am now since joining CFBY. A good portion of my life was sedentary.
3. If you could design the perfect workout for yourself that would it be?
a. 1 rope climb EMOM, 1 minute wall ball, 1 minute situps, 1 minute rest. 300 total reps for time.
4. What animal best represents you today?
a. Monkey. I was born in the year of the monkey, I sort of move like a monkey, and I’m sure at some point during my childhood someone told me I looked and smelled like one too.
5. If you could pick the perfect song to listen during the best workout of your life what would it be?
a. “46 & 2” by Tool.
6. If you were to summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less, how would it go?
a. The world’s okayest crossfitter.
7. What advice do you have for anyone thinking about starting?
a. Half of the motivation to live a better lifestyle and get in shape comes from the community of Crossfit. The other half must come from you.